This past Thursday I had the pleasure of speaking to a wonderful audience at Summit.Live. I shared six tips to help online businesses avoid claims, litigation, and lawsuits.
I hope you enjoy my presentation. Feel free to reach out with any questions!
Please note that while I am an attorney, I’m not your attorney. Please check with an attorney in your state before taking any of these legal steps.
A summary of my six tips are as follows:
- Do business as a corporation or LLC
- Protect and respect intellectual property rights
- Promote your products and services through your business and not you personally
- Use contracts and other written agreements
- Use mediation and arbitration clauses
- Use attorney fee and venue clauses